Installing Apple CarPlay
This guides is only intended for our own Android screens & accessories.
If you follow this guide for anything not supplied by us, you do so at your own risk.
We accept no liability and/or responsibility for any damage or otherwise that may be caused to your vehicle/belongings/possessions.
This is only suitable for:
- Wireless Apple CarPlay adapter
- Connect the Android unit to a WiFi network
- Download the app from here
- Wait until the app installs, and you see the icon visible in the installed app list
- Ensure Bluetooth and WiFi are enabled on your iPhone
- Plug the wireless Apple CarPlay adapter either 1 of the 2 USB's coming from the Android screen
- Using a genuine Apple Lightning cable, one side into the wireless CarPlay adapter, and the other side into the iPhone
- Open the Bluetooth menu on the iPhone, look for 'AutoKit' and connect/pair to it using the PIN code 0000
- Check on the AutoKit app (on the Android screen), that both Bluetooth and Wifi icons are lit up showing connectivity
- Click on the prompt to connect to CarPlay
- You can optionally disconnect the Apple Lightning and connect wirelessly to the adapter as long as both Bluetooth and WiFi icons are lit up showing connectivity