Add Additional Features To Your Vehicle.
Reset Modules Back To Their Factory Default Values.
Advanced Coding For Retrofitting In Options.
All Come With A Free Dealer Diagnostics.
What is coding?
Coding is accessing specific modules within your vehicle, and modifying certain values & parameters within the software to enable/disable functions that the car doesn't have from when it left factory.
Most vehicles have market specific settings or restrictions set within modules in order to comply to local market regulations. The same premise applies with vehicle options - modules have a specific set of settings enabled to support all the options that the vehicle came equipped with. For example, a vehicle that came with halogen headlights from factory will have modules coded to suit halogen headlights, and will not support xenon features (such a high beam shutters or DRLs).
With coding, we can change every value and parameter in all modules to really customise your vehicle to your preference and vehicle options.
What types of coding is there?
Missing features that are on other cars, that is missing on your current one?
Enhance your car with any number of additional features we can enable within your vehicle, that should of been enabled from factory!
From alarm chirps on lock and unlock, digital speedometer, additional welcome lights - if your car is able to support it, we'll be able to code the features in. Even if your car has an older module, we also offer a service to physically upgrade your module to a newer updated version, and give your car even more features.
Select an unlimited amount of options from the relevant 'Coding Option List', which is a list of the most popular coding options. We can code in any other features too if you know the parameter names & values - for free! Some options may already be activated within your vehicle. Available coding options depend on your vehicle order and options.
This service comes with a free 'Dealer Diagnostic (Basic)' to see what fault codes the car has stored (both historic and current). It also comes with your vehicle details, ECU tree, historic faults, and current faults in a printed or digital report to add to your service history.
Done a couple of retrofits, but struggling to get the last piece of the puzzle done? Installation was easy, but coding the modules left you in a muddle?
It's all sort of working, but there's some remnants of the original car floating around - like graphics and such?
By purchasing our 'Advanced Coding', we will fully update your vehicle with your newly retrofitted item(s), and then apply the changes across the entire vehicle - just like dealer would!
The best thing about it, if your car does go to back to dealer for any reason and they update your vehicle, it'll retain all your retrofit coding! How good is that?
This service comes with a free 'Dealer Diagnostic (Basic)' to see what fault codes the car has stored (both historic and current). It also comes with your vehicle details, ECU tree, historic faults, and current faults in a printed or digital report to add to your service history. We also include 'Basic Coding' for no additional cost!
What options can I get with basic coding?
- Comfort start & eject activation
- Comfort open & close (remote/key locks)
- Folding wing mirrors on lock with adjustable delay
- Deactivate Comfort Access
- Power windows after ignition off
- Easy entry & selective central locking
- Automatic relock
- Unlock car when ignition off
- Interior lights with remote
- Panic alarm
- Change remote button configuration
- Engine start without brake
- Anti-theft alarm system activation
- Continue window roll action when door is opened
- Seatbelt handover deactivation
- Single/Bi-Xenon activation
- Front fog lights alternating with high beams
- Interior lighting softly turns on/off
- Lights on warning deactivation
- Double hazard lights
- Cornering lights within fog lights activation
- Brake force display
- DRL customisation
- DRL brightnesss
- Sidelight brightness
- Corner LCI markers off
- Bulb warnings off
- LED bulb flickering off
- Follow me home lights customisation
- Welcome lights customisation
- Save circulation settings
- Start/Stop memory
- Blower level during auto
- No AC when turning on auto mode
- Digital speedo
- Blank line disabled
- Speed limit warning
- Permanent speedo lighting
- Gear shift indicator
- Low range warning
- Seat belt reminders sound off
- Seat belt reminder cluster icon off
- Wiper speed configuration
- Reverse wiper in reverse
- Windscreen wipers configuration
- Headlight cleaning configuration
- Seatbelt cluster reminder off
- Seatbelt chime reminder off
- Start car without brake
- Angel eye brightness to 100%
- Close windows, sunroof, and mirrors from key fob (with adjustable timings)
- Change speed for mirror fold
- Change speed for mirror unfold
- Turn car off when door is opened
- Auto start/stop default to off
- Auto start/stop remember last setting
- Window roll up with door open
- Brake force display
- Turn off headlight corner LEDs
- Increase amount mirror tilts down
- Ambient lighting controlled independently from dimmer switch
- Door handle LED lights on when in reverse
- Fog lights on with welcome lights
- Disable headlight washers
- Auto light sensitivity change
- Bulb warnings removed
- LED bulb flickering off
- Transfer phone ringtone to car
- Disable door autolocking
- Enable M laptimer
- DVD in motion
- Sports display enabled
- Sports display unit change
- Sport mode configurator when sport mode enabled
- Indicators in HUD
- Media/telephone information in HUD
- Enable trip import
- Remove all disclaimers
- Display tyre pressure and temperatures
- Enable video file transfer to hard drive
- Enable extra video codecs
- Enable office functions and phone functions at all speeds
- Enable alarm chirp menu
- Enable speech input for email or SMS
- Enable time stamp display on call log
- Add GPS current location to navigation menu
- Enable WiFi web server
- Sport+ mode
- Always start in Eco Pro
- AC remembers last settings
- Always remember air recirculating
- Digital speed within cluster
- Change start up screen to M Performance
- Set clock via GPS
- Disable HUD start up animation
- Turn on tail lights with DRLs
- Enable all cameras at any speed
How long will it take to do?
We book a 2 hour slot for coding, which includes the initial free 'Dealer Diagnostic', the coding session, and demonstration of the selected coding product.
None available. Provided as an 'as-is' service.
Terms & Conditions
Performed under the assumption that all modules coded are either factory installed & programmed, or replacements are correctly programmed, coded, and initialised using the replacement procedure performed by BMW UK registered franchises or BMW specialists, and are error free. All modules must be error free prior to coding. If there are any fault(s) within the module(s) being programmed, we reserve the right to refuse service. We will not be held liable for any coding/module faults/errors that arise during coding, either due to assumptions from above, or for any other factors (but will assist in the the repair). Battery voltage is stabilised at a minimum of 13.7V using a dealer approved power processor. Coding is supplied as-is, on a one-time basis, and all selected options will be demonstrated. Selected options may not be possible on all vehicles, and coding options will be dependent on the vehicle order and options installed in the vehicle. Unintended side effected may be present from certain coding options that aren't dealer approved. Coding options may be overwritten from selecting present values from within the cluster or the iDrive. Any programming performed by BMW UK registered franchises or BMW specialists will remove all coded options from the vehicle, and a new coding session will need to be purchased to reinstate the previous coding options. We will offer a discounted rate for this service once the vehicle chassis number number has been verified as one previously coded by ourselves. Keep Your Car Safe - KYCS owns all photographic media taken by team members of the services paid for and completed.
Associated Service - Dealer Diagnostic
Performed under the assumption that all modules coded are either factory installed & programmed, or replacements are correctly programmed, coded, and initialised using the replacement procedure performed by BMW UK registered franchises or BMW specialists. We will not be held liable for any coding/module faults/errors that arise during diagnostics, either due to assumptions from above, or for any other factors (but will assist in the the repair). Battery voltage is stabilised at a minimum of 13.7V using a dealer approved power processor. Diagnostics is supplied as-is, on a one-time basis. Keep Your Car Safe - KYCS owns all photographic media taken by team members of the services paid for and completed.