All guides/tutorials are intended for educational purposes only. If you follow any of the guides/tutorials, you do so at your own risk. We accept no liability and/or responsibility for any damage or otherwise that may be caused to your vehicle/belongings/possessions. We do not own any images or text unless it is explicitly states our ownership.
If you have a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) warning come up on your iDrive/cluster, ensure that you are able to regenerate your DPF by meeting all the conditions below.
Your BMW needs to meet a certain subset of criteria in order to regenerate. If any of these conditions aren't met, you'll block the DPF and ultimately need a costly replacement.
Check that you meet the following when attempting a regeneration.
- The coolant temperature must be in excess of 75 °C
- The exhaust-gas temperature before the diesel particle filter must be greater than 240°C
- There must be enough fuel (recommended at half a tank). Whenever the reserve lamp lights up, the regeneration process is suspended
- No fault codes from the air mass system, exhaust emission system and sensors must be saved in the DDE
- The fault codes 480A / 245700 (from F01) and 481A / 245800 (from F01) must display the status "currently not present"
- Constant driving speed above about 60 km/h (approx. 38 mph). The optimum speed is about 100 km/h (approx. 60 mph).